Publications

The Society is the only institution which regularly publishes the result of research into the whole county’s past. Members automatically receive:
1. Shrophire Archaeology and History Newsletter
2. Transactions of the Shropshire Archaeological and Historical Society
New members receive the latest edition of the Transactions and Newsletter.

Shrewsbury Abbey Vol 78 Wroxeter Transactions

Transactions of the Shropshire Archaeological and Historical Society:  Since the first volume appeared in 1878 this has been the chief means whereby important and scholarly papers on the history and archaeology of Shropshire have been published.  A complete run of past Transactions can be viewed at Shropshire Archives.  If you wish to discuss contributing an article for publication in the Transactions, please contact the Hon. Editor and see our notes for contributors: TSAHS notes for contributors.

Shrophire Archaeology and History Newsletter:  This contains summaries of recent work and discoveries and other matters of local archaeological and historical interest. To see our past Newsletters, please follow the link here: Shropshire Newsletter

Parish Registers:  Publication of Parish Registers has now been resumed. A small stock of the earlier printed registers is still available.

Society publications for sale:  A number of the Society’s publications are available for sale, including copies of some past Transactions and Parish Registers.  Please see the attached .pdfs for more details (including the contents of past Transactions):  Publications for sale  Past Transactions volumes for sale .  The Shropshire Archaeological and Historical Society has reprinted Greenwood’s 1827 Map of the County Greenwoods 1827 map.  (Proceeds from sales will be used to finance further publications.)

Our library:  The Society’s reference library, which is available to all members is at Shropshire Archives, Castle Gates, Shrewsbury. It contains a large number of transcribed and microfilmed parish registers. The transactions or proceedings of over 30 national or local archaeological and historical societies are currently received.

Advertisements